We’re looking forward to a Fabric-a-brac Road trip for lots of women from around New Zealand.
We’re excited to hit the New Plymouth opshops (and the ones on the way) and a trawl through what we’re sure will be an amazing stash at the Fabric-a-Brac all to help local Hospice.
So we’ve pulled together a list of things to keep your bargain-hunting adrenalin running – please post any other ideas you have!
Here’s a list on this very cool site we’ve just discovered – Op Shop Directory
Here are some highlights
- Taranaki Hospice Shop: on David street and also at Waiwakaiho next to Palmers garden centre which has a cafe. (I don’t know if the Hospice shops are open on Saturday or not.)SPCA, Liardet Street beside Methodist Church
- The Cat’s PJs
- Babylove 502 St Aubyn Street
- Salvation Army store, 221 Devon St West, Mon – Fri: 9am – 4pm, Sat: 9am – 3pm
Books and stuff
Stitching and fabric shops
Arts and crafts
- Big Jims Garden centre on main road towards Waitara;
- Elixir on Devon Street and Chaos on Brougham street. Both great food and service.
- Federal Store on Devon Street
- Gusto is a nice restaurant on the waterfront.
- Arborio is also a really nice restaurant at the front of Puke Ariki….
- McFarlane’s at Inglewood (Next door to this is a lovely crafty gift shop, well worth a visit)
- Kauri Cottage at Egmont Village,Palmers garden centre at Waiwakaiho;